Conference: I love it.


I have been spiritually fed today. I feel like I should get onto my little corner of the web and express my deep appreciation and love for my Savior, Jesus Christ. He and my Heavenly Father have truly touched my heart as I've listened to sessions of my church's General Conference.

I went into this conference weekend with several questions in mind. Being in a very uncertain time in my life where my future's about as constant as my bank account, I have a lot of these questions. In listening to the talks our leaders have prepared for us, however, my questions were not directly answered. I was surprised, however, to find a much more valuable insight as I listened to the divine counsel we received.

As I took notes during Elder Dallin H. Oaks talk on righteous desires, I saw a distinct scene in my mind of what I could potentially become in my life. It was a deeply moving portrait of the woman I so desperately wish to be. She is outlined in my patriarchal blessing but has remained a far away ideal that I might reach at the end of my life. Therefore, this scene that played in my mind touched my heart and my spirit. I learned while listening to these talks who my Heavenly Father has intended for me to be, and furthermore, I learned how I can become that woman. It is through the simple commandments we elect to follow every day. It is through the strengthening actions of charity, selflessness, and faith that these speakers outlined this weekend. I can become the woman my Heavenly Father has planned for me to be in following His counsel and simply elevating my standards for myself.

My questions regarding my immediate (and long-term) future have remained unanswered (directly, at least), but in their place, I now have less concern about these challenges and more about how I can better myself. I feel like my priorities have shifted and that I need to stop worrying about what I'm doing rather than who I'm being.

I know that the men and women who spoke at this General Conference spoke on what the Lord would want each of us to know. As Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said, "If we teach by the Spirit, and you listen by the Spirit, some one of us will touch on your circumstance" and offer specific instruction just for you. I have a testimony of this church. I know it is true because I have felt the overwhelming spirit of my Savior in my life when I live its teachings. I have been blessed with guidance, love, and encouragement when I strive to do what is right, and I have been blessed with forgiveness when I have redirected my life back on the course of righteous living.

I am simply offering my testimony for any who has curiously stepped into my blog. It is the single greatest gift I possess and continues to bless me every day. I know Christ lives and that we are children of a Heavenly Father who loves us and wishes for us to return to Him so that we can one day be like Him. And I say these things humbly in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

Comments

Sonja said…
Amen! I loved the talk on being and not so much doing, what a great message! Of course, dad and I loved the 3 mentions for the guys to get going and get married:)

Popular Posts